A Boy Called Alex opened Channel 4’s Cutting Edge season in January 2008.
A documentary film about a 16 year-old musical prodigy at Eton College who suffers from cystic fibrosis, the film was directed by Stephen Walker and produced by Sally George. It attracted one of the highest-ever audience’s of a Cutting Edge run and rave reviews.
See the photo gallery.
Astounding, life-affirming…quite simply the impact of Stephen Walker’s film is overwhelming. The Times
Astonishing…don't miss this gripping, inspiring, uplifting and humbling film Daily Mail
Awards and Nominations
- Winner of Bulldog Award (voted by the industry) for Best Documentary 2009
- Winner of Royal Television Society Craft Award for Best Photography and Sound 2009
- Nominated for BAFTAs Best Documentary, Best Director (Stephen Walker) and Best Editing (Ben Stark) 2009
- Nominated for Royal Television Society Best Documentary January 2009
- Nominated for Broadcast Best Documentary 2009
Director: Stephen Walker
Producer: Sally George
Broadcast: Channel 4 (24/01/2008)